Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Fence arrogance

Still disturbed about the fence, I arranged a meeting onsite with my builder first thing Monday, only to learn that the situation is far worse than I thought.

Citing GPS precision, the builder says:
The fence encroaches 125mm at the rear.
It encroaches 65mm at the front.
It is therefore not parallel.
It hasn't allowed for a sleeper at the bottom to control water flow.
It will make access difficult for my builder to excavate my side to the required level.
It will have an unacceptable gap at the bottom once this excavation is done.

So not only has it been built without regard for my rights, it appears it has not been done competently.

I have since established that the work was authorised by the builder next door who told me quite dismissively over the phone "we don't have to tell you".

Hmmm, this from the builder who also found it very convenient to park a fibreglass pool on my lot without asking and then proceeded to bring earthmoving equipment across my freshly cut
site to install it.

After pointing out the alignment errors they reluctantly agreed to have their site supervisor meet with mine to discuss the situation.

I am just flabbergasted at the arrogance, and can't help feeling that a difficult and potentially expensive problem could have been easily avoided. I mean, it's not like I'm a difficult person to contact.





A rough job

1 comment:

Wocket said...

builders on these sorts of jobs are notoriously arrogant. good luck with it all.