Saturday, November 1, 2008

Colour update - kitchen

I'm still a little unsure of my selection for the glass splashback in the kitchen.

My original choice was the one on the left, called Black Super Sparkle, which I thought would complement the whole house theme of grey and white, as well as the black glass mosaic tile chosen for the bathrooms and laundry. I love the sparkle effect in it, which if picked up by the light over the stove and the feature pendants over the kitchen bench, should look great. My main concern is whether it will look too stark against the whiteness of everything else - the Caesarstone "Snow" benches, white cupboards and white floor tiles.

The alternative is the one on the right, Shimmer Blue, which complements the teal colour (Taubmans "Graphica") which I have chosen for the feature art and other accents in the room. I have the feeling this would give a lighter, fresher feel to the central area of the house. Its shimmer is not as spectacular as the super sparkle, but it still has a lovely metallic depth to it. The question is, will it be neutral enough to appeal to a future buyer?

I have found a few photographs online that help give an idea of the total look. I'm leaning towards the blue. What do you think?


This is from ASG Splashbacks:



This is from a display home by my builder Ausbuild and their tiler Urban Tiles:




This is how the actual kitchen looked in the Ausbuild display home:

No comments: