Saturday, November 1, 2008

Colour update - bedroom

I've found a light fitting that I think will work quite well in the master bedroom, so I thought I'd share a little about my colour selections there too.

This is a picture of how the master bedroom and ensuite looked in the display home.



I have changed the windows so that there will be one tall vertical window on either side of the bed and three tall verticals on the outer wall. All the windows, as well as the cutout between the bedroom and ensuite will have white plantation shutters, and the carpet will be a white ("Coconut Shell") textured loop pile.




The wall behind the bed will be painted in the feature colour, Dulux "Regal Violet".

The ceilings are nine foot and the light fitting is a drum pendant style with an elegant textured brocade finish, which I hope will define the room and complement the black mosaics around the top of the bath.











This is how the ensuite looked in the display home.

As mentioned, the black mosaics will go around the top of the bath, as well as highlight the feature recess in the shower. There will be a large black/charcoal grey bath mat and a towel ladder on the wall between the shower and walk-in robe. The mirror extends all the way to the vanity top and the sinks will be similar to these:






Unfortunately, I didn't choose the shiny stone benchtops like those. Mine will be a very neutral laminate.

No comments: