Friday, December 12, 2008

Locked out

It's not truly locked up yet as there are only bricks blocking the front and back doors, but the sliding doors are barred, the garage door is down and I am for the first time, for all intents and purposes, locked out. It's a strange feeling.

This is my land, my house, and most of what's here is already paid for, but from this point until settlement the builder asserts their right to legal possession and I will have to liaise to inspect, rather than just dropping by.

I know that I have had better-than-average access so far to document the progress and am not complaining at all about the situation. I'm sure most people building a house have the same reaction at lock-up stage.

But as I peer through the garage window and catch a glimpse of the newly installed bench and shelves, as well as all the newly hung internal doors with their handles on, I can't help longing to get in there and take a few shots!

No comments: