Friday, December 12, 2008

Even more fence arrogance

So with the neighbour's settlement looming, the neighbour's builder has fobbed us off for two and a half weeks claiming not to be able to get their supervisor, my supervisor and the contractors together at the same time for a meeting. With patience running thin, I demand that my builder put some pressure on and finally the meeting takes place and a proposal is put to me...

The fence stays, they won't ask me to pay my share (how good of them, considering they didn't issue a Notice to Fence or consult me in any way in the first place) and I pay for the sleepers at the bottom of the fence, which they will install at no cost to me.

Are you kidding?

The builder and the fencer, who have done the wrong thing, walk away from the problem and leave the owners to work out the legal problems in the future over the boundary, compensation, adverse possession, retitling costs and whatever else.....?

No comments: