Sunday, December 7, 2008

Bag and paint

It's the icing on the cake...at least that's the way it looked as I watched the lads slapping on a thick layer of the render cement. It was amazing to see how quickly it was trowelled on and smoothed out, before subbie #2 came along with his paintbrush and sponge to give the artistic final flourish.





















The finish I have chosen is a "bag and paint", a budget alternative to a smooth "render".

As I look around the suburb I see a lot of houses with a very thin "bag and paint" coating, so thin you can still see the the bricks and mortar underneath!

On the promise that Ausbuild's "bag and paint" is as good as some builders' render, I inspected a couple of spec homes and decided to go with it. I haven't been disappointed. The end result is a generous coating with a swirl finish and not a mortar joint in sight.





Day 2: After drying, a border is etched into the surface.

No comments: